Glass House

My world is weirder than your world.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Nick.

Finally got the pain in the ass on the phone last night, and he came by for lunch. Nick can bullshit a lot of people, but I don't think he can bullshit me when I'm watching him close. We've known each other too long.

He hasn't been trolling, precisely. He probably will again, but that wasn't what he was being so shady about Friday night. I'm not going to give details here (despite my ranting, I do have some sense of caution) but suffice to say that Nick is the only guy I know who keeps an actual written Shit List. He keeps it on his Palm Pilot, password protected, under that "To Do" button.

He showed me some of his list, the Priority 2 and 3 people. A lot of them are the people you'd expect: his boss, his boss's boss, the former chair of the Republican party in Georgia (now a national figure -- yeah, that guy). One of them was "Hummer drivers." I don't know if he has to jack the wheels off of every H2 in the world before he gets to check that off, or just a few.

He takes his Shit List a very little at a time. In his own perverse way, he's careful. I won't tell you what he got up to this week -- but if you've ever got to, say, step out of your office for a minute or two, being on the List of a telekinetic man who can open the window from the outside, stand there with a big box of bumper stickers or a few gallons of pink latex paint, and cover every available surface in about fifteen seconds is probably not a great idea.

His eyes gleamed told me about this. Of course I told him he'd have to knock it off; but I'd probably feel worse about it if I didn't know some of the people involved. As it is, I can pretty much see where he's coming from.

1 Comments:

At December 14, 2004 at 12:49 AM, Blogger Shadow Nose said...

i hate to be the one to tell you James but Nick CAN bullshit you. he's done it before. Nick can bllshit ME, and thats not something most people can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home